I am originally from New Zealand, and so like most Kiwis, throughout my youth I have been lucky to spend a large chunk of my free time playing in the sea, lakes and rivers.
From the age of 8 to 16 I belonged to a local swimming squad, regularly attending coached sessions and swimming all 4 strokes competitively at Swimming Pool Carnivals. Occasionally I competed in Surf Life Saving Competitions. At the age of 10 I did my first Kids Triathlon and by the time I was 13 I was selected for New Zealand’s Triathlon Development Squad. My sporting directions have slightly altered throughout the years and I now enjoy my adventure racing and endurance events, although I still dabble in the odd triathlon and open water events. Swimming though, has and always will be a part of my weekly routine.
- ASA Level 2 Certificate in Teaching Aquatics
- IQL Level 2 National Award in Pool Lifeguarding
- CYQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction
Swim Coaching Experience
- 5 years childrens swimming lessons at Swim!
- 3 years private adult 1-2-1 swimming stroke correction lessons
- Additional training and voluntary work experience with disability groups
- Itera 5 Day Adventure Race 2014 – 3rd Team
- Keswick Triathlon 2014 – 1st Lady
- Coast to Coast Adventure Race 2013 – Team Adidas Terrex Prunesco – 1st
- Three Peaks Cyclo-Cross – 2009 & 2010 – 1st Lady, 2011 – 3rd Lady
- Haglofs Open 5 Series 2014 – 1st Mixed Pair
- Day in the Lakes Triathlon – 2009 – 2nd Lady